Pokémon Special Premier Events, such as the Singapore Pokémon Video Game Open, are one of the large-scale events held in the Oceania Ratings Zone.
The Pokémon VGC Special Events are one of the largest events in terms of both attendance and Championship Point payouts. Special Events are open to all players, as there are no qualifications or residency restrictions. However, a higher level of competition is expected.
The best players who have earned the requisite number of Championship Points during the season will receive an invitation to compete in the Pokémon World Championships! There are no qualifications or residency restrictions to enter, so players from neighbouring countries are welcome to participate. Competitors will need the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon games on systems in the Nintendo 3DS family participate in these Championship Series events, with a team legal and adhering to the Video Game Championship 2017 rules.
Tournament ID: 17-11-000072
Date: November 18, 2017 (Sat)
Location: Campus GameFest @ ITE College Central, Multipurpose Hall
Address: 2 Ang Mo Kio Drive
Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Registration: SGD$12 before 11:59pm, November 15, 2017 (Wed)
Onsite Registration SGD$15
Day 2 Mid Season Showdown: SGD$10
Players who wish to register online may purchase the discounted Entry E-Ticket via our Partner Qisahn Shopee E-shop at the following URL:
Then follow the instructions and enter your particulars at this URL:
To complete your registration
For more information and FAQ about Payment, please see the following post:
Upon succession check in, all players will get the following:
1 x Commemorative Pokemon VG Singapore Open Luggage Tag
1 x Pokemon TCG SM4 Crimson Invasion TCG Booster Pack
You will get 1 more (Total 2!) TCG Booster Pack if you are Junior or Senior Division Player!
Start time: 10:00am
Last person in queue by: 11:30am
Maximum number of players: 110
For players who have missed the online registration, please register on-site.
On the day of the tournament, please arrive between 10.00am to 11.30am to make payment and fill out and submit your team sheet. Players not present at the venue by 11.30am without a valid reason may be disqualified from the tournament.
Prizes are awarded to the top players in each of three age divisions. Players must have a Pokémon Trainer Club account with a Player ID attached, and must have opted in to the Play! Pokémon program in order to earn points and awards.
Championship Points (CP) earned will go towards qualifying for the 2018 Pokémon World Championships in Nashville, Tennessee, the USA! Players will also be delighted to learn that Championship Points earned will also go towards qualifying travel award or stipend for next International Championships (Oceania) held in Australia! Throughout the season, players who top their region in Championship Points may also earn fully paid trips or travel stipends from The Pokémon Company International to participate in overseas tournaments.
Championship points will be awarded according to placement within a player’s own age division as illustrated below:
Championship Points for Singapore Open):
• Champion: 200 Championship Points
• Finalist (2nd): 160 Championship Points
• Semi-finalists (3rd-4th): 130 Championship Points
• Top 8 (5th-8th): 100 Championship Points (If division attendance > 24)
• Top 16 (9th-16th): 80 Championship Points (If division attendance > 48)
• Top 32 (17th-32nd): 60 Championship Points (If division attendance > 100)
• Top 64 (33rd-64th): 50 Championship Points (If division attendance > 200)
Championship Points for Mid-Season Showdown (Day 2)
• Champion: 50 Championship Points
• Finalist (2nd): 40 Championship Points
• Semi-finalists (3rd-4th): 32 Championship Points
• Top 8 (5th-8th): 25 Championship Points (If division attendance > 24)
• Top 16 (9th-16th): 20 Championship Points (If division attendance > 48)
• Top 32 (17th-32nd): 16 Championship Points (If division attendance > 100)
Physical prizes for Singapore Open (Main Event):
(Masters) 1st: Nintendo Switch Console and Champion Trophy
(Masters) 2nd: $100 Qisahn Store Credits, Premium Pokemon Centre Plush, Finalist Trophy
(Masters) Top 4: $60 Qisahn Store Credits, Pokemon Figure/KeyChain, Semi-Finalist Trophy
(Masters) Top 8: $20 Qisahn Store Credits, XiaoMi PowerBank + USB <-> 3DS Charging Cable, Top 8 Battle Mat
(Masters) Top16: Premium Small Pokemon Plush
(Masters) Top 32: 2 x Pokemon Centre Metal Charm or 1 x Moncolle Figure (If Division Attendance > 100)
(Senior) 1st: Pokemon UltraSun or UltraMoon Game, Champion Trophy
(Senior) 2nd: Lugia/Ho-oh Mascot Plush, Finalist PlayMat
(Junior) 1st: Pokemon UltraSun or UltraMoon Game, Champion Trophy
(Junior) 2nd: Lugia/Ho-oh Mascot Plush, Finalist PlayMat
Physical prizes for Singapore MidSeason Showdown (Day 2 Event):
(Masters) 1st: Pokemon Worlds Championships 2017 Anahiem Retail Bag, Pokemon Small Plush, Champion Coaster
(Masters) 2nd: Premium Pokemon Plush, Finalist Coaster
(Masters) Top 4: XiaoMi PowerBank + USB <-> 3DS Charging Cable, Pokemon Figure/KeyChain, Semi-Finalist Trophy
(Masters) Top 8: Premiem Pokeball Keychain
(Senior) 1st: Worlds/Premium Pokemon Plush, Champion Coaster
(Senior) 2nd: Banpresto Sun/Moon Starter Plush, Finalist Coaster
(Junior) 1st: Worlds/Premium Pokemon Plush Champion Coaster
(Junior) 2nd: Banpresto Sun/Moon Starter Plush, Finalist Coaster
• Participation Fees paid
• A legitimate Nintendo 3DS series console and copy of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon
• A legal team to participate with for the entire event.
• Be present at the event with a Play! Pokémon account and ID number. If you do not have one, please refer to the following guide and register online for one: http://themirageisland.com/resources/how-to-get-player-id/
• Players will battle each other using the standard Play! Pokémon format – Double battles
• The 2017 World Championships Rules will be used. Players will battle using the game’s “Live Competition” feature. However, players should still download the “2017 World Championships Rules” from the Festival Plaza prior to attending the event. For instructions on doing this, see http://themirageisland.com/how-to-download-the-2017-world-championships-rules/
• All Pokémon will be automatically set to Level 50 during battle.
• Players will construct a team of 6 Pokémon, and select 4 Pokémon to use in every battle. The same team must be used for the entire tournament.
• Players may use Pokémon from the Alola Pokédex, from No. 001–204, No. 206 – 288 and No. 293 – 299, that are caught or hatched in the game or received at an official event or distribution.
• Game exclusive moves from UltraSun and Ultramoon are not permitted
• Pokémon which are in the Alola Pokédex but not in their Alolan Forms, if they have them, are not allowed
• The following Pokémon from the Alola Pokédex may not be on a player’s team: Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Magearna and any other Pokémon which have yet to be officially released ingame.
• Each Pokémon may hold an item, though no two Pokémon may hold the same item.
• Pokémon may not hold Mega Stones.
• Players may only participate with Pokémon that have the black clover symbol on their status screen, indicating that the Pokémon was obtained in Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon.
• A copy of the rule book can be downloaded from Pokémon Website from the following URL: http://support.pokemon.com/FileManagement/Download/07294296edc545bca57c76266cef60fe
• The tournament will be run using a Swiss format.
• Every round, players will be paired up with a single opponent to battle against
• Swiss rounds are Best-of-3
• All players will be able to play until the end of the Swiss rounds unless they choose to drop or are disqualified from the tournament.
• On top of the time limits the game automatically enforces, the organisers will enforce a time limit of 50 minutes per round as well. After this is reached, games still in progress will be allowed 3 more turns to conclude, and if they haven’t by then, tiebreakers will be applied by judges to determine the result.
• After the Swiss portion of the tournament is over, the top players (number determined by division attendance) by Swiss standings will advance to the Single Elimination stage to play for the top positions. Single Elimination rounds will take place on the next day.
• Every round in the Single Elimination stage will be decided by a Best-of-3 set of battles
• The same organiser-enforced time limit will be in effect during the Single Elimination stage
|Saturday 18th November 2017
Midseason Showdown Side Event Registration
|Sunday 19th November 2017
8:00PM – Prize Giving for all games
Midseason Showdown Side Event
Junior Division: Born in 2007 or later
Senior Division: Born in 2003, 2004, 2005 or 2006
Masters Division: Born in 2002 or earlier
Each age division will play separately. However, an age division with 5 or fewer players will be merged with other age divisions.
*Information on Pokémon Video Game Region
Singapore has been playing the active role of being the pivotal hub connections between Australia, regional South East Asian Countries, East Asia as well as the middle east. We embrace friendship and cohesion within the Oceania Rating region and welcome challenges from the Oceania regions to visit Singapore to be part of our major Tournaments.
As such, the Singapore Tournament Organizing Committee has decided that in addition to the games distributed by Maxsoft PTE LTD, we will allow all related regions of Pokémon Sun and Moon to participate in both mentioned tournaments, in precisely:
Australia/Europe “PAL” Version
Hong Kong/Taiwan Chinese Version
of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon games and console to be allowed to be used to take part in Pokémon Video Game Singapore Open I.
Unfortunately, we regret to inform that we do not accept Korean version of Pokémon Sun Moon Games as there is no connection in the Oceania region rating zone nor distribution in Singapore.order Bentyl